Pages

Thursday 5 May 2011

It's MAY!

koi carp flags ("koi-nobori") flying over a stream in our town celebrating Children's Day (May 5)

Wow, so time flies!! Liz and I have been married for one year already. It's hard to believe that that fantastic day in St Michaels was one year ago! Well, to mark the occasion, we splurged and stayed in a luxury hotel in central Osaka. Our room was on the 29th floor. The view was awesome. However, those of you who know me well enough to know my weirdnesses will know that I'm not a huge fan of heights, to put it mildly. I booked our room knowing that it would be high up, but I thought it would be nice to have a great view. It just took me a while to crawl up to the window and look down! haha
view from the room
Liz, cool as a cucumber standing by the window

Me, trying to convince my legs to join me a little closer to the window...

...and success!!

The hotel was very posh, and we had a great weekend of shopping, dining and chilling out (and a little bit of getting lost, too! haha). It was a good fun way to mark our anniversary, and we're looking forward to the many more to come.

going out for dinner
looking back up at the hotel

1 comment:

  1. Belated happy anniversary, you guys! And don't worry, I would have been a total wimp looking out that window too. Awesome view though!

    ReplyDelete