Pages

Saturday 11 February 2012

Horsin' Around

A couple of weeks ago Bryn and I started to notice posters all over Al Ain for the Al Ain International Showjumping Championship World Cup Qualifier - Yes, please!


I used to go to the Washington International Horse Show every year to see the show jumping live. I know it bores a lot of people, but I think it's exciting (also, it helps that I am horse-crazy!) I was so excited when I saw the ads for the show.

Even though it was a 3-day show, we went on Friday (there were no schedules posted on-line...only the posters which said the show started at 10am daily.) We got there, and they happened to be on lunch/prayer break. We finally found a flier with the order of events. It said that the next class was to begin at 2:30, so we decided to grab lunch at the rugby club (in the same complex as the equestrian center), and go back after a bit.


We got back to the show ground at about 2:15, and they were just finishing a class!!! Typical. We only had to wait about 30 minutes for them to drag the arena and re-set the jumps, though.


It was a lot of fun, and I think we got some good action shots! (Still, they would have been better with this lens in silver.)

No comments:

Post a Comment