Pages

Thursday 16 October 2014

Pacific Rendezvous, Tutukaka, NZ

Owen and Melissa couldn't have picked a more perfect spot for their wedding.  It was at the Pacific Rendezvous Resort Motel in Tutukaka.  Even though the resort was only about 30 km from their house, it was like having a destination wedding since pretty much all of the guests stayed at the motel and it was a weekend affair.  Before I move onto the wedding though, let me show you around a little!


The resort consists of lots of individual units, each with several bedrooms, a living area and a small, well stocked kitchen. [Side note: all of the motels we stayed in had kitchens stocked with coffee makers, pots, pans, etc.  It was great to have the option of cooking your own breakfast and/or dinner, and at the very least being able to make fresh coffee in the morning!]  O&M had booked pretty much the entire place for their guests, so no one was far from the events.  Bryn and I shared a unit with his and Owen's mom.




As far as the views are concerned, I think we won hands down (Thanks O&M!)  Bryn and I even went ahead and called the front bedroom which had one wall of floor to ceiling windows with the same view.


While the others set up the tent, Bryn and I slipped off to explore.  The more we saw, the more we wished we were staying for longer than just the weekend!



There are a couple of beaches which have private access for exclusive use of the motel guests.  We walked down to one that led us through a bit of bush.  Bryn pointed out all the plants and wildlife as we made our way down.  I know that O&M and the wedding party had some of their photos done here at the beach, and I can't wait to see how they turned out!


A Silver Fern - this is actually the back side of it, it's green on the front.  It's often used as a symbol for New Zealand. 



I know I've been bombarding you with photos, but I hope you are enjoying them as much as I am!  Every time I see those views I'm in awe all over again, and believe it or not there are plenty more to come!


Check back on Sunday for photos from the wedding, and have a great weekend!

This post was originally posted on www.channelingaudrey.com

2 comments:

  1. Great spot for a wedding - pass on my congrats to Owen btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do. It really is a stunning part of the country... But then those aren't hard to find in NZ ;)

    ReplyDelete