Pages

Saturday 15 May 2010

Under the Weather

Well, we had some wonderful weather in St Michaels. Unfortunately, we haven't been so lucky since coming back to Japan. The weather here has been pretty rubbish actually. It feels more like March than like May! Yesterday the high was 12 degrees (53.6 Farenheit), but today the high is supposed to reach 14 (57.2). It seems strange to get excited about 14 degrees at this time of year, but it's an improvement and I'll take what I can get! haha. Tomorrow it's supposed to reach 15 or 16 I think, and the SUN is supposed to come out!! Imagine that!!!
Also, I managed to pick up a cold in America a couple of days after the wedding. It really wasn't so bad while I was there, but it got pretty bad for a couple days after we got back to Japan. I'm feeling considerably better now (not 100 percent yet though)... however it seems I might have passed my germs onto Liz, who is feeling very unwell today. She has taken the day off work (unheard of for her) and will go to see the doctor later on. Unfortunately I'm not able to leave school today, so I can't go with her. She's gonna have to  work it out by herself, but I'm sure she'll be fine. Perhaps it will make for a good blog entry in a day or two! Stay tuned...

In other news, we bought a sofa last night!!!
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have wanted a sofa for ages. Yes, that's right, we haven't had one. We have been sitting on cushions on the floor of the lounge for several months now. It's not very comfortable doing that all the time...
Anyway, last night we had to go to the local shopping centre to get some digital camera photos printed (to show friends here what our wedding was like). We had to wait 30 minutes for the photos so we wandered around the shops to kill time. That is when we stumbled upon the PERFECT sofa! AND it was affordable. In fact, I had almost that much cash in my wallet right then and there!! So we went to the ATM, took out a few more bills and then purchased it on the spot. It was impulse buying at its most brilliant!
Well... actually, to be honest it wasn't all that impulse in a way because we had been on the hunt for a new sofa for months, but hadn't really committed to anything.
So one more time, please join us in a huge HOORAY for furniture!! haha
It will be delivered on Saturday 22nd. We can't wait!!

Last night I soaked and boiled dried kidney beans. Tonight I think I might make us chili con carne for dinner with them. We were supposed to be going out for a celebratory dinner with my former English conversation group in Iwataki, but since Liz is feeling under the weather I don't think we'll be making it.

 Anway, that's all for now. I have to get my stuff ready and head off to elementary school.



No comments:

Post a Comment