Pages

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Internationalization

It was a 3 day weekend here in Japan.  Bryn and I spent our Saturday doing load after load of laundry in order to switch over to "autumn wardrobes".  Last week the students and teachers changed into their autumn attire (students have to wear their uniform jackets, male teachers have to wear ties, female teachers dress like it's freezing out).  It's still not quite cold enough to warrant too many layers, but mornings and evenings require long sleeves.

Since we did so much laundry, we found ourselves needing to replenish our laundry detergent and fabric softener.  Just to mix things up, we decided to shop in a supermarket we don't go to very often in Mipple (a biggish shopping center down the road).  It was in Mipple that we came across this...

That's right! Trip to Dubai fabric softener (with the snuggle bear and everything!).   How can you NOT buy it?!?  I've never been to Dubai, so I can't tell you what it smells like, but the bag describes it as a "desert oasis" scent.  Talk about internationalization!  Now everytime we wash clothes it will be like we are magically transported to the UAE.  

I am sure all of the teachers will be asking me if I visited Dubai recently when they smell me ;)

In other news...guess who doesn't have to eat school lunch anymore...ME!!! YAY!!!  No more asking for my plate without that, begging a teacher or student to eat this, sneaking inedible bits into my rice box, forcing down fish heads, etc.  Words cannot describe how happy this makes me.  Yay, yay, yay :)

We are off to Kyoto or Osaka or Kobe this weekend.  We aren't quite sure of the final destination, but I need coffee (ie Starbucks) and shampoo (I have become obsessed with Lush) so off we go.  Hopefully we'll come across something blog worthy for y'all ;) 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I had fabric softener that would transport me to Dubai! Mine is just a boring lavender scent :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dubai smells a little bit like lavender...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you not get to eat school lunch anymore!!! that's awesome...i usually ended up just looking weird when i left various items on my tray uneated.

    btw, i just discovered lush's solid shampoos, and i'm crazy about them- so great for traveling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are awesome, huh?!? I am still a little in awe over the no more school lunch thing...the vice principal actually suggested I cancel it, and he didn't have to ask twice!!

    ReplyDelete