Pages

Sunday 21 October 2012

Haunted House!

Well, sort of... 
Halloween is nearing, and we have spookified our house accordingly. This is particularly exciting for me, because it is the first time in my whole life that I have had Halloween decorations in my house! Back home in New Zealand we have Halloween, but most people don't really "do" much for it. Maybe a theme party, or perhaps a scary movie, but (at least, when I was growing up) kids didn't go trick-or-treating, we didn't really "decorate" or anything like that. Also, the little Halloween that we do have is exclusively "scary" or "paranormal". We don't have the American "anything goes" approach to costumes. I noticed when I was in the States for Halloween that kids could dress up as anything they wanted, be it a geisha girl, a princess, a block of cheese, a dice, whatever! Back home, dress up parties would have been "scary" costumes only, like Draculas, witches, ghosts, zombies, etc.

Aaaaanyway, I digress... we jazzed up the house a bit for Halloween, and I played with my new iPad app to make the photos look a little "spooky" haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment