Pages

Saturday 6 July 2013

My Saturday

My Saturday started with me waking up at a quarter to nine.  I never sleep that late.  Ever.  I guess that just shows how exhausted I am!! After a quick load of laundry and a shower, I headed out for a Starbucks breakfast.  That has sort of become my Saturday routine.  It's lovely to get there before the crowds, find a quiet seat and just read a book or people watch while I have my morning coffee.  Since no one is out and about yet, I don't feel rushed to give up my table for some other soul waiting on one.

 
Since I was later having my breakfast than usual, everything was open by the time I finished.  After playing with the camera for a bit, I stopped into Loft for a couple of things, then ABC Mart and got a pair of school shoes (they were having a big sale - yay). 



Now my plan was to go home from there, but for no good reason at all I decided to go to another mall, Lucua, to have a look around (after all, there are sales everywhere!).  I had just finished my looking and was heading down the escalator towards the exit when I saw a familiar face heading up the opposite side.  It was Simon, a JET in Tango, and he just happened to be with Alex (who took Bryn's spot when we left).  I waved and asked them to stay put, saying I would come back up.


They were in the city for the weekend to run some errands, and invited me to join them for lunch at Grand Front Osaka (I've showed you this mall, in my birthday and Oktoberfest posts).  It was fun to catch up with old friends over lunch at a Spanish restaurant (decent, but I don't need to go back!!)

Some seriously cool 3D sidewalk art in Osaka station!

After lunch we headed our separate ways, them to do their shopping, and me to come home and finish cleaning/prepping for Bryn's arrival on Wednesday!

My plan for the evening is to run to the store to grab a Mojito or two (I had one last night...yes, it's in a can, but it is seriously delicious!!) then finish my chores so I can catch up on some Come Dine With Me episodes and Wimbledon.


Hope you're having a fun Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment