Pages

Sunday 7 July 2013

Tanabata


It's Tanabata! It's especially fun to be working in a preschool when it comes to holidays and festivals.  Friday was spent making a special Tanabata craft, writing our wishes to hang on the big bamboo tree that was brought in, and enjoying a silly play that the teachers put on of the Tanabata story (I was the narrator).  I even got to make a wish, "I want to take a trip to a tropical island."  I do hope the Tanabata gods help make that one come true!!!

I think the Tanabata trees filled with all their colorful wishes are so pretty, and a real symbol of summertime in Japan.  I've come across a few over the past few weeks and attempted to take pictures in passing...not terribly great pictures, but pictures none the less!


Happy Tanabata!


No comments:

Post a Comment