Pages

Saturday 11 May 2013

Lately (from Japan)

So, I have all these grand plans for the blog, but my new job keeps me so busy during the week that I really only have the weekends to go out and do blog-worthy stuff.  That's no problem when it's sunny and beautiful outside, but on days like today that are gray and drizzly, I'm sort of at a loss for things to post!

I started an Instagram account when I was still in Al Ain, but I had a "dumb" phone, so it was pretty useless.  By "dumb" phone I mean it was a smart phone that just wasn't smart.  We used prepaid cards there, so I only ever had internet access when I could connect to wifi.  My Instagram back then was basically a toy to play with the filters, but I couldn't post any pictures without the internet connection.
(From top: at the monorail station; go figure, they sell it in Japan now!; cherry blossoms; more blossoms; single serving bag o' wine; a very pensive B on the train to Tango; coffee taste testing; Starbucks is the winner; my new place of work)

WELL...things have changed!  I have moved up in the world and now my smart phone really is a smart phone!  I treated myself to an iPhone 5 when I moved to Osaka.  Now I can get online any time I want!  It is the most amazing thing ever.  I had no idea what I was missing, and there is no turning back now!!! 

Now that I have the iPhone I am getting into Instagram a lot more.  I'm not a crazy poster (yet) and it seems that most of my pictures end up being of cups of coffee, but I will branch out soon, haha. 
(From top: new Pocky flavor; colorful mochi; Cafe du Monde in Osaka!; purchases in Shinsaibashi; fresh flowers; waiting for the train; fun wine bottles; caramel macchiato cake at Starbucks; lunch at Namba Parks)
 

So, I figured since the weather isn't conducive to going out and doing super-exciting stuff to share with y'all, I would share some of my recent Instagram and other iPhone photos!  If you want to follow me on Instagram and always know up to the minute what I am up to, click here or on the link on the right :)
(From top: Ferarri dealership on Midosuji; green tea and Game of Thrones; new shoes; monorail; coffee break; infuriating lunch in Uji; colorful art in Chayamachi; spring flowers; Mino Falls)

No comments:

Post a Comment