Pages

Saturday 4 May 2013

Picnic in the Park

Earlier this week my friend Nahomi invited me to join her and her two adorable children for a picnic at Expo Park (Bampaku Kinen Koen).  The weather was beautiful and I like any excuse to be outside surrounded by green, so of course I accepted!

I took the monorail to get there.  Every time I ride the monorail (which really isn't that often) I start singing the monorail song from the Simpson's in my head...c'mon, you know the one I'm talking about! This one.  Now I bet you're singing it too! Monorail, monorail, monorail...haha
The park was the sight of the 1970 world expo.  It is huge!  There are lots of museums, little lakes complete with swan boats and gardens spread all over it, as well as this monstrosity, the "Tower of the Sun".  In my opinion its the eyesore of Suita-shi!!
We weren't the only people with the idea of getting outside for the day - the place was packed, and it took a while to find a little piece of grass to lay our blanket on.
 After sharing our picnic lunch, it was time for bubbles and soccer...I'm getting used to hanging out with little kids since it's like, my job now, haha.  And you're never too old for bubbles!! It was fun and Kaho and Kaishi are just the cutest Japanese kids! (and they speak/understand English!  Bonus!)
Eventually the wind picked up and clouds started rolling in, so we packed up and called it a day.    I think Bampaku Kinen Koen will be the ideal place to go laze around in the sunshine this summer, since there aren't any pools to take advantage of.  I am excited to go back again to see a little more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment