Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

Uji

I've been on my Golden Week holiday for the past 10 days and was able to go out for lots of little day trips and take lots of pictures.  Earlier in the week I wanted to go somewhere, but not spend much money.  It was a beautiful day so I hopped on a train bound for Kyoto, then went on a couple more stops to Uji, the green tea capital of Japan!

I had a not-so-great lunch experience.  The food was fine, the service was TERRIBLE (but strangely only for the blonde girl...every Japanese customer got tea and a hand cloth...) 
 I made up for the sub-par lunch with a very above average matcha ice cream!!


After a bit of wandering, I headed back to Kyoto where I got some pretty flowers to brighten up my apartment.  They are still going strong five days later! 
I have some more day trips to share with you later this week, as well as some random stuff!  Now it's time to make a cup of tea and catch up on some TV, then its back to work tomorrow.  Why can't I be on vacation every day?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment